Following are our top websites for kids ANZAC Day information, activities and crafts.* ...Have fun!
1. AnzacDay.org.au - Learn about flags, uniforms, and women in war. Puzzle and counting activities, wreath making and mazes.
2. Australian War Memorial - Kids HQ has education-based activities including anniversary talks, creating a family tree, researching a soldier, and making poppies.
3. Anzac Websites - A wealth of resources: Gallipoli history, book-related activities, quizzes, video clips, Anzac biscuits, word searches, and more.
5. KidCyber - Learn about history, commemoration and ceremonies.
6. Australians at War - From the television series, learn about every conflict involving Australians. Create a family tree, play a strategic war game.
7. War and Identity - Meaning, remembering and commemorating...
8. Mapping our Anzacs - by the National Archives of Australia... find a service person and see their service record, add a note or photo to the scrapbook, or build a tribute to people important to you.
Book: Simpson and His Donkey.
This is the story of the famous man and his donkey who helped injured men from the battlefields. To learn more about this book, click here.
* Image: dan / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Register now to join the YourKidsEd e-mailing list for updates on new links and education information. It's FREE!!